A/C Maintenance & AIr Conditioner MaintenanceWinnetka, IL, Deerfield, IL, Highwood, IL, Northbrook, IL, Wilmette, IL & Glencoe, IL
AIR CONDITIONING MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
1. Condenser Coil – Cleaned as required
Dirty condenser coils raise refrigerant pressure higher than needed, increasing your electric bill.
2. Refrigerant Charge – Checked by superheat/subcooling method (Thermocharging)
A low or high refrigerant charge can easily go unnoticed and increase operating costs up to 30%. An improper charge can cause compressor shutdown.
3. Controls & Safeties – Inspected & tested
Controls and safeties that do not function properly can increase operation cost and cause other components to fail.
4. Relays & Contactors – Inspected & cleaned
Worn contacts and loose wire connections can lead to motor or compressor failure.
5. Crankcase Heater – Operationally inspected
Crankcase heaters that do not work can lead to a compressor failure.
6. Unit Wiring – Inspected & loose connections tightened
Loose connections can lead to a motor, control, or compressor failure.
7. Temperature & Pressures – Taken & recorded
An accurate record of your equipment’s vital data can indicate potential problems, which can be eliminated. A record will be kept with the unit which may reduce emergency service time.
8. Capacitors – Tested
Bad capacitors can lead to compressor and motor failure.
9. Unit Disconnect – Tested
A worn or over-heated disconnect blows fuses and is dangerous.
10. Lubrication – Application to motors & bearings.
Improperly lubricated rotating equipment will eventually fail.
11. Belts & Pulleys – Inspected & adjusted
Loose belts and worn pulleys decrease air flow, increase operating costs and shorten the compressor’s life. Belts crack and break with age.
12. Condensate Drain – Checked to assure it is open
Algae and dust can plug a condensate drain which can cause extensive water damage to your furnace.
13. Air Filter – Replaced at customer’s option
A restricted air filter can cause your air conditioning unit to waste energy and shorten the compressor’s life.
14. Voltage & Amp – Draw of the blower motor, compressor & condenser fan motors checked & recorded
Improper voltage and amp draw increase operating costs and can shorten the life of any motor.
15. Thermostat – Checked & calibrated
Improperly calibrated thermostats cause the unit to run longer than necessary. Every degree your air conditioner operates below 78 degrees can add 5%-8% to the cost of cooling.
16. Motors – Cleaned & inspected
Dirty motors are less efficient and will fail sooner.